Sunday 2 October 2011

So you've probably never heard of this....

... but I thought I would post about it anyway. So this is the part of the blog where I start to introduce you to things that interest me in my chosen field, which happens to be fashion. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for haute couture but today I was feeling in a particularly Japanese mood!

GAH spit it out!!! I am a fan of all fashion but particular favourite fashion at the moment is Lolita fashion. This originated around the 80s and is a modern take on the extravagant fashions of the Rococo period. To really explain what this is, I will have to show you some pics.

 Believe it or not, but that
  is ME on the left with the blonde hair :D And the girly next to me is my friend Ziggi! There are hundreds upon thousands of lolitas in Britain and about half of them are in the South West (JOKE, nah but there are TONNES of us). This was taken at a meet-up at Bristol Zoo.



This last picture is of the two designers from a lolita brand called Angelic Pretty (Maki on the left and Asuka on the right). 

I have hundreds more pictures to show you but for now I will settle with these three. All of them show pictures of 'Sweet' lolitas. There are many different types of lolita but to write them all down would be exhausting so here is a link to a site that explains all!


Feel free to browse around the site if you want to know more :D

No comments:

Post a Comment