Friday 30 September 2011

Bit o' Graff

My brother, recently, has gotten REALLY into graffiti art and his enthusiasm has some what rubbed off on me. I love how it has stopped being a grubby mark on a dirty underpass and is now a beautiful piece of urban art to be admired. I think there are even classes based entirely on the practice of the graffiti at UWE and these are some of the pieces I found on the induction at UWE's Bower Ashton campus.





This last one is my absolute fave and I now have it as my desktop background! To think that someone can be that prolific and talented and accurate with something as fluid and unpredictable as a spray paint can.... makes me swell with admiration!

This is a link to my brothers Tumblr account where he has stored a lot of his own work but also a lot of other artists works and videos showing constructions of their artwork.

http://vibrantshapes.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment