Wednesday 20 February 2013

So I turned up and no one was there!

I assume it's because I was late and they had filtered off to another room but there wasn't much of a way that I could find where they were.
I wasn't going to waste my time spent in Bower library though and started to look deeper into the books I had chosen. There is a lot on gay fashion history in these books but nothing about attitudes of the audience of this fashion. I really need to FOCUS on how the clothes construct identities. Like the fact that because gay men liked other men they were assumed to be women stuck in men's bodies and often adopted women's clothing and feminin characteristics. This might have been true for some but there were other gay men of that time who didn't feel feminin they just were attracted to men.
Maybe I need to look at how identities effect clothing, fashion and taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment